Link to My Shasta 16-SC Pictures

Monday, June 18, 2012

Roof Coating

Okay, So here's my roof. It was coated with a nasty product intended for barn roofs by the PO.  Gunnar and I spent the better part of a week with Gel Paint Stripper and air and hand scrapers getting that mess off. I then cleaned the roof with Acetone before using Dicor Seam Tape on the joints. I used a J-Roller to get a great seal. Also, used the tape rolled over the sides of the roof before Butyl Tape and J-Rail replaced. Around the Skylight used the tape and self leveling Dicor caulk to make water tight. The white coating you see above is 4 coats of Kool Seal rolled on in different directions for each coat. Yes, I have heard is stains bad, but hey its WHITE and under trees and such. So far so good with ours and I liked the way the product went on the roof. 

Found it at Walmart for HALF or more what some places wanted for a Gallon. Used almost 2 gallons on our roof.

2 comments:

  1. What is the durability of these coatings? I want to repair my roof and need to know the performance of these coatings. Liquid EPDM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard a lot about these coatings and now I found the blog suggesting these coatings. Thanks for sharing. RV Roof leaks Repair

    ReplyDelete